It’s easy to get fixed on goal setting, especially when the holidays finish up and a fresh New Year is upon us. But will they help you feel healthier in 2020?
Remember, there are some specific strategies to help you achieve your goals. If you’ve forgotten them, read about them here.
The tendency is to focus too much on “lag” measures… goals… the end point vs. “lead” measures…action steps…and consistent to-dos.
Here are 20 actions to predict success for feeling healthier in 2020:
- Go to bed earlier. As the saying goes, “an hour before midnight is worth two afterwards”.
- Increase your workout fitness frequency. Instead of working out longer, try shorter, but more frequent fitness sessions
- Add vitamin K2. This lesser know nutrient plays a vital role in making sure any calcium you consume makes it’s way into your bones and not your arteries.
- Plan a family trip (or two). The weekends come and go, schedules fill up fast and sometimes you just need to get away…do it as a family and create memories that stick.
- Eat protein with every meal. It’s popular to bypass animal products for plant-based versions but my recommendations haven’t budged…eat healthy animal protein with every meal and be healthier for it.
- Make it colder. Give cold showers and sleeping in an extra cold room a test run.
- Schedule weekly planning sessions. Don’t leave your to-dos to chance. Each week set aside time to review and plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Add spinal testing to your chiropractic routine. Hopefully you’ve discovered Corrective Chiropractic…if it’s not already a part of the process, request to add regular comprehensive examinations to your schedule.
- Prepare some meals in advance. There’s no need to go overboard but you’ll regain some time and decrease the chance of off-track eating if you make a handful of meals at one time.
- Get more fresh air. Deeper breaths and being outside are a good reminder of our why we thrive on being in nature.
- Send a daily message to your loved ones. Want to score big? Leave handwritten notes daily . You could also send a text or email. Regardless, letting your loved ones know how you feel makes them feel loved and you feel great.
- Test out some new recipes. Don’t get stuck in a rut…Google Eat By Design and find some new approved recipes to try.
- Don’t eat until noon. Fasting has become popular and for good reason. Start by skipping breakfast and see how your body responds.
- Take magnesium before bed. Trouble falling or staying asleep? You may be magnesium deficient. Add it to your bedtime routine and see what happens.
- Look up at the stars. Stargazing isn’t just another way to meditate but it’s also a needed break for your eyes. With excessive time spent staring 12 inches in front of our face, looking up benefits the muscles of the eyes and your brain as well.
- Lock down regular date nights (no matter what)! Plan your priorities first and work the rest of your schedule around them. Rocks first…sand last.
- Start a gratitude journal. Where your attention goes your energy flows. Speak more about what you are thankful for and less about what’s wrong.
- Wake up earlier. Early morning is often the most productive and least distracted time we have available.
- Drink more water. Enough said.
- Save money weekly. Set an automated transfer into one or two special accounts every week and you’ll be amazed at how you can accumulate resources without even knowing.
There are 20 actions to predict success and feel healthier in 2020.
Pick one that clicks for you and give it a shot… let us know how it goes.